Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery
Exhibition Program – 2022 Annual Call Out
The Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery invites applications from Tasmanian artists and curators for exhibitions that respond to the themes:
WILDERNESS, ENVIRONMENT and PLACE
Through our Exhibition Program, we seek to immerse visitors in Tasmania’s environment and culture, connecting them to our unique place on a deeper level. We aim to create enriching experiences that allow visitors to discover the layers beneath the surface and the stories that connect us to our culture and place.
Selection of exhibitions is based on the quality of artwork, concept and exhibition rationale, as well as the ability of the artist to self-manage the exhibition process from start to finish. Applicants who are submitting proposals for the exhibition program must:
- Live in Tasmania, or have a proven strong link to the state.
- Have capacity and experience to produce and install an exhibition that aligns with the themes: environment, wilderness and place.
- Present an exhibition that fits within the cultural tourism market with artwork that is engaging, relevant and of high quality.
- Ensure artwork is transported to the gallery, installed and collected at the end of the exhibition.
- Ensure artwork is of a high standard of presentation.
- Provide interpretive information that relates to their exhibition, including labels and at least one A4 page of commentary about their exhibition.
Proposals must include:
- Rationale – why do you want this exhibition to be at the Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery (one paragraph)?
- Concept – a brief outline of your exhibition including any theoretical and conceptual basis for the exhibition and the issues/ideas you are exploring in your work (one paragraph).
- Details of artwork – a general overview of expected presentation method, medium, number and size of works (h x w).
- Price range of artwork – an approximate price range the proposed work falls within
- Experience of the artist – in both exhibiting and installing exhibitions (one paragraph).
- Artists CV (maximum one page).
- Support material – digital files of recent work and/or links to online material (3-5 images and/or links).
Typed proposals must be received by COB on Friday 16 July 2021 by emailing Curator Jessie Pangas at: [email protected]